Tribute to a great friend - Shi Yin
Saturday, April 21, 2007 x 2:48 PM
I messaged one of my best friends yesterday (her name is Shi Yin or Jackie, as I know her) and she told me that she was going to UK next year to further her studies! I'm so envious of her! Although it's not like my dream is to study in UK but I know for a fact that she has an old friend who actually -GET THIS- lives close by to Daniel Radcliffe!!! *squeals* Oooh, that's really the reason why I'm envious of her coz I thought she would be staying with that friend of hers. But then she told me that her mum would be paying for her studies so I guess she might not be living with that guy friend of hers... What a shame. I would have jumped at the opportunity to live just a few streets away from Daniel Radcliffe! I mean, he's sooo hot!! *drooling* LOL
Jackie has always had a wonderful life. Nothing in her life is boring, there seems to be endless exctiement following her wherever she goes. She even meets great guys on the public bus. Weird? Kind of but that's another story. I used to be willing to give anything to be her. I remember being envious of this best friend of mine, wondering why she had everything I ever wanted - a great personality, loads of friends and tons of admirers. I can't say that all these don't matter to me anymore but they have taken a backseat now. The things that matter so much to high schoolers don't mean such a big deal when you're in college. I guess I've moved on, huh? Well, kudos to me then. LOL =)
But believe it or not, I'm beginning to feel my age! Yup, you heard me right the first time. I'm beginning to think that I might die a lonely old crone, tottering around my house, doing some gardening and having no loved ones to take care of me. Why? I'm not quite sure but I've been feeling this way ever since 2007. I must say, it isn't a very good omen. What if my imagination turns out to be more than just imagination? What if it comes true? Makes me feel like I have to buck up and find my penguin soon. *shivers*
Well, aren't I in a reflective mood today...