WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




Isn't this sad?? >.<

Sunday, June 17, 2007 x 6:02 PM

It's so sad how some parents are so unreasonable in their dreams for their children. Don't they realise those are THEIR wishes they want fulfilled, those are the lives that THEY want to be living instead of their children's? Don't they see? Don't they even understand? They claim to only want the best for their kids but those are their children's fragile dreams and hopes that these parents are crushing! And they dare to suggest that what their kids want to be doing may not give them the best out of life. "The best out of life"? Can they even begin to comprehend what that truly means to their children? What if the things that their children want out of life is not just a expansive mansion to boast of but doesn't truly feel like home, a luxurious sedan to drive in, a job that every neighbour and relative is secretly envious of but gives no satisfaction to the person? So what if the children want to be musicians? Teachers? Or even stuntsmen? So what? Does it really matter? What's important is letting them achieve what they want in life, letting them be who they want to be. As parents, they should be tenderly nurturing these new-born dreams and showing support to their childen who look to them for encouragement, only to find their dreams cruelly crushed and suppressed by the very people they trusted so much. Even small things such as past-times are, more often than not, discouraged when the children are not spending their time in a way that the parents deem wise. This is often a sign that these are the very parents who will, in the future, be cold-blooded dream crushers. I have, however, been extremely fortunate to be able to say that I've never experienced that in my life. I am lucky to have been born to loving parents who are always supportive of me. Although I am sad to say that one of them has passed on, I will do my best to prove that my parents are right to put their trust and faith in me and I will not fail myself. I see the huge gap between the gentle, loving, encouraging father I have and the father which a friend of mine has. His dad may not be unloving but he is not the most understanding person either. I only wish there was something I could do to ease his burden of having to live a life his father wants him to live - a life that is not his but his father's but there is nothing I can do.