WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




O2 Zone hair-cutting experience

Sunday, July 1, 2007 x 5:56 PM

I finally went and got a haircut today!! Yay!! ^^
The last time I went to this hair salon was, at the very least, two years ago. The funny thing is, my hair doesn't look very different from what it looked like before the "Cut", considering that I had spent an hour sitting in the chair and trying to coax a smile out of my extremely straight-faced hairdresser (who claimed that he was being serious about his work) while he was working his wonders on my hair. In fact, I would say that only I and the hairdresser could tell the subtle difference between the "Before" and "After" look~ His handiwork was extremely fine but every time he scraped my hair off my forehead, I would wince inwardly because his fingernails would pull across the skin of my forehead.
He was straight-faced to the point of almost being poker-faced. He even made a funny remark without the slightest smile! I felt that it was so weird that I simply had to say something about it so I asked him,"You don't normally smile, do you?" Then he bestowed upon me the faintest smile and said,"I'm doing my job seriously." And I thought to myself,"Ok, that would have actually been funny if he hadn't delivered the line with such a somber expression."
So for an hour, I sat there. Feeling challenged by this man, I tried to be as engaging as I could. How could someone not smile with a customer? It's not good manners and it's definitely not good for business! Alas, he did smile again but it, too, was faint and brief.
I did get a compliment about my "strong and healthy hair" though! LOL
DId I mention that he had weird priorities?? He asked me why didn't I join the dance society if that's the only way I could have long hair in high school... I didn't think hair length was such a big deal? Now, let's see, what else did he say? Oh yeah, and I'm NOT going bald~!! Yay~ He said it was natural to pull out a clump of your hair when you're washing it and it happens to him too. So I guess I'm not going to need a wig in the near future after all! ^^
He says he wants to go to Taiwan to study but he doesn't think he's good enough because he never liked studying. And he advised me to go to the southern regions of Australia so as to experience the winter season.
After an hour of feeling like I was being cheerful to the wall, I paid for my haircut and walked out after making a new friend, a promise to come back and get a haircut from the same guy again and the hairdresser's msn address in my hand!~
Any comments anyone? Please leave a tag if you do have a comment to make.. =)