Field trip... minus the teacher
Wednesday, July 4, 2007 x 5:33 PM
So today isn't going that great but yesterday sure was fun!!
We were supposed to do our biology fieldwork investigation at the singapore zoo but the four of us - Agnes ,Hannah, Caryl and I - ended up taking pictures and laughing at egotistic pelicans, cooing over a monkey that resembled Monkey God Sun Wu Kong, delighting over pymgy hippos and manatees, clapping after peformances by shiny sea-lions. In a nutshell, I had lots of fun. Simple, unmaterialistic pleasures are often the best.
I love the white tigers! The pair looked so regal and and proud when we were taking pictures of them that I found a scene oddly touching - one of the white tigers leaned its head on the other's neck, it looked so human-like that it almost did seem like a gesture of affection...
A deer fell into a deep ridge that was meant to keep them within their boundary. It looked kind of funny down there, standing amongst the huge yam plants (the gigantic plants were taller than it)...
We saw two giraffes named Lucy and Roni. I wanted to know which of them was Lucy and which was Roni so I called Lucy several times but none of them answered me. Ah well... *shrug*
Sea-lions are so cute! Their mouths look so whiskery and... soft... During the Splash Safari which lasted half an hour, those in the front few rows got splashed by the generous sea-lions who didn't mind doing a lot of back flips to keep us (at the back) entertained and those in the front? Well, not so much entertained... =D There was a pelican who kept trying to share some of the sea-lions' limelight but was repeatedly shooed off by the zoo keepers. LOL It was really silly too, when a female zoo keeper was feeding the penguins, the pelican refused to step into the water and tried to eat some fish while balancing on top of the walls of the glass aquarium.
We saw some rattlers kept in glass cages. When Agnes said something about Salazar Slytherin, I bent down and started to speak to one of the snakes in Parsel Tongue and it... ignored me. Haha! There was a place where we could walk through and try to spot snakes and two other types of animals. Caryl wanted to go in, Hannah didn't so I accompanied Caryl in. Just as I was about to close the door, someone clutched me from behind! I screamed and Hannah hushed me from behind. Gave me a fright! I really wasn't expecting that! She should have called my name instead of suddenly clutching me like that... Almost scared me out of my wits! =( And we were supposed to keep quiet and not make a lot of sound.
We had luch at a restaurant called Forest Fare. The whole place was forest-themed. We sat on leopard-printed sofas, there were murals of trees and lots of fake plants everywhere. Agnes and I ordered lasagne. After having a mouthful, Agnes asked the waiter if it was chicken or beef. The waiter said it was beef, which ruined Agnes's appetite coz she can't eat beef for religious reasons.
We saw smelly rhinos, too many monkeys, a huge malaysian tapir lying on its side, a tech-savvy elephant that was listening to its MP3 (it kept shaking its head from right to left and left to right), some tortoises of immense proportions, wallabies who refused to pose for photographs, and zebras that showed us their butts.
It was a great trip but I doubt we will be getting praises from Miss Stella about our "great investigation"...=D