I'm a writer! Wahaha~~
Friday, August 10, 2007 x 11:46 AM
I seem to have turned into the author for a book entitled "The life stories of Ausmat students 2007 edition"! It all began when I had a sudden inspiration for a story.
"One hand on the railing, I paused to listen to the conductor's speech. His words were cryptic but his meaning was plain - there would be no chance of returning once aboard the Midnight Train. His manner besought us not to board, not to become slaves to this train, for those who chose to board would be destined to be trapped in limbo for eternity, with no way to free themselves from the pain, the misery, the stark bleakness of despair.
I shifted my luggage from my left hand to my right, hesitating, trying to buy more time. I didn't want to make my decision just yet but the conductor was making his final call. It was time to decide.
It was hard to believe that I had gone through months of traveling, enduring unspeakable indignities, to get to this train station. Yet now that I was finally at my destination, I couldn't get myself to step onto the train. Wasn't this moment the very thing I had been dreaming of for months? Hadn't I told myself that I would not hesitate to make this ultimate sacrifice? Was I a coward after all? The minuscule voice in my head that had been accompanying me ever since I set off on this journey spoke out.
You have gone through so much just to be able to stand here. Don't let me down now."
*To be continued*
Terrific, isn't it? Even if I do say so myself. Haha...