WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




4th part

Saturday, September 22, 2007 x 7:22 PM

Once a person is dead, no one can tell whether the spirit has moved on for good or is still roaming the Earth. You see, magic can be captured and harnessed if the soul of a spell-caster is captured at the moment it leaves the physical shell it resides in. Souls have to be trapped in precious gems as gems are the only objects strong enough to contain a magical soul without breaking apart. As traders know, magic is nearly invaluable – nearly, but not quite – and therefore has created illegal trade amongst those who sought the power that magic brings and have the funds necessary to obtain it. Another reason why magical power is so desired is because those who possess it generally live longer lives than non-magic bearers. The spell-casters are in constant danger as there are always plots to kill us for our magic. Needless to say, I was killed for that very reason too. And to convince you of my honesty, I shall tell you the one thing that only the Grecia family would know… Taking a deep breath, Taniccia began to recite, As long as the Earth spins, we, the Grecias, will continue to provide comfort and shelter to those who are good of heart and seek our aid. For more than four hundred years, we have been waiting for the child who will prevail over the injustice of the Empire and bring an end to Woalap the Ultimate Power, whom the Elder Magicians have supported to ensure that their positions in the Empire would be stable. It is unknown whether this child will be a spell-caster or not but she will triumph where none have succeeded… We shall know her by the mark of a phoenix on her scalp… She will be protected and not told of her true identity and her fate until the time comes for us to do so.

Is this enough to convince you, Valentia?

I was stunned. “It is,” I managed to say. “So that means that you are really my grandmother then, Tanicc- I mean, grandmother… I’m sorry; it’s difficult to suddenly have to address you as ‘grandmother’ after knowing you as Taniccia for many months. It is almost a miracle to be able to talk to you… There are some things I need to know - if your soul had been captured and trapped, how did you escape from the emerald? And has that child been born or found?”

You are forgiven, my dear. I find it hard to get used to as well. You can continue to address me as Taniccia, if you wish. Gems may be stronger than any other storage vessel but they are still prone to breakage. When a gem breaks, the soul contained inside will be released. I was released in this fashion by accident when a servant dropped the emerald I was in by accident and it broke. He had been ordered to bring it to his master and was expecting to receive a reward but instead was punished for his mistake which cost his master dearly, I have no doubt. As for your second question, yes, the child has been born and was recognized immediately after her birth.

“Who is this girl?” I asked curiously. “I have always known our family saying but never found out who the child is, no matter how much I tried.”

This child has a name that means bravery; she was born to Aelqyat and Moniqqq Grecia. She is none other than you, Valentia.