WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




Embrace

Monday, March 24, 2008 x 5:47 AM

A lock of hair falls to the ground
Very gently a tear rolls down
Mirror in front reflects memories from back then
A caress, an endearment, a love letter penned
Far too late I reminisce
Belatedly I realize I miss
The way you would kiss my tresses
And say oh how perfectly gorgeous
But now all is gone
I wake up alone in the dawn
And I can't see through my tears
Nowhere to be found is my solace
Tossing and turning under the sheets
Finally the fog clears between the rhythm beats
Once again I see that face in the mirror
I embrace, like an old friend, the Reaper