WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.





Friday, April 18, 2008 x 11:02 PM

Ok so I'm going to update on what happened over the last few days in Sydney.
13th April
We had trouble calling up a taxi to take us to the airport coz the taxi service lines were busy. At last I managed to call one and booked it for 6.30am. We were kinda slow getting out of the lodge coz Alice was using her travelling bag which was kinda difficult to carry around - it didn't have wheels (I did ask her several times before if she wanted to use mine, mind you, but she kept rejecting my offer) so in the end, she changed her mind and wanted to borrow mine. I quickly ran upstairs to get it down for her and when we got onto the taxi, the Punjabi taxi driver said he waited for us for quite a long time even though we were only 8 minutes late! Eh, hasn't he heard that patience is a virtue?! Sheesh... So ok, we boarded the plane and reached Sydney after an hour and a half in a bit of a bad mood coz we both found flights uncomfortable and we both had headaches. A Chinese taxi driver picked us up and when we told him we were staying at the Russell, he said he never heard of the place before!! @.@ After the 2 taxi rides, the conclusion we derived was: taxis smell like their drivers.
We checked into the Russell and I wasn't very pleased with our room coz I felt it was really small and cramped for such a high price. We freshened up ourselves and went down to Circular Quay, a 3-minute walk away from the hotel. (Nice, huh?) There were tons of tourists there that afternoon! Italian, American, Japanese, English, Chinese, etc... All the languages you could hear... OMG And lots of seagulls too! I think there must have been nearly as many seagulls as there were tourists! LOL





(Looks like a ghost? That's Alice, actually..)
Alice and I decided to get ice cream afterwards. We both wanted the boysenberry cheesecake flavour one. Then she said she didn't want to get it coz we shouldn't both get the same flavour. I didn't really get her coz I don't see what's wrong with us both getting the same flavour. She got cross with me then and went for tiramisu instead even though she really wanted boysenberry cheesecake. Just after we bought ice cream, it started raining! Damn! We both were wearing sleeveless tops and didn't have umbrellas! =( We went into French Connection and tried on some clothes and visited a shop selling handmade leather bags and belts. That shop was really cool and the designer who made his own bags and belts was manning the cash register; he was really nice, not snotty or anything. Suddenly Alice asked me if I had seen her cap. I hadn't but I remembered that she didn't have it on since we came out from FCUK. We went back to the FCUK dressing room to try to find the cap but it wasn't there. She was so upset about losing her cap, poor thing. We walked into the city, trying to find a good place for lunch. We sat down at this cafe and were discussing what to get. Alice was saying that we should share a dish and salad too but I didn't want salad. And she kinda got angry over that and the food took ages to come. When it was finally served to us, it was horrible... =(
We visited Bettina Liano after lunch and Alice spent $565 on a white top and a pair of black pants. Yup, guys who are looking for a rich girl to date, she's the one for you! Too bad she ain't interested though, she's already got someone in her heart. =)

14th April
We saw the Sapphire Princess docked at Circular Quay. It is the most beautiful and humongous cruise ship ever!

We went to the Sydney Opera House. She kept saying she wanted to catch a show there. I wasn't interested in the shows she wanted to see at all and only said, "Yeah, yeah..." just to humor her. She was really determined though, she booked tickets for the Essential Tour of the Opera House so we could get a look-see inside it and decide whether to catch a show there or not. before the tour, we had lunch at the Oyster Bar. That was the best lunch EVER!!! We had oysters and barramundi as the main course and for dessert, we had bete noir (the most awesome chocolate dessert I've ever tasted in my whole life!) and creme caramel. The whole meal cost the both of us a whopping total of $91.50. Expensive, true, but so worth it. Besides, we won't be having meals like these in Adelaide...




We went on the Essential Tour and booked tickets for Brahm's Fifth Symphony after that. We went to Chinatown afterwards. Well, actually we ended up in Chinatown by accident while finding our way around town. =p I found this place called Mamak which sells Malaysian roti and satay. It was jam packed with people!! We didn't eat there coz of all the people waiting to eat there too. We bought fish and chips from a place at the Circular Quay before going back to the Opera House. The man selling the chips was really nice, he gave us heaps of chips and added in some other stuff in for us for free too! The symphony started at 7.00pm and we got there at 7.30pm but couldn't go in straightaway coz it was in the middle of the performance. We waited till the interval and finally got in and caught the last part which started at 8.00pm. I fell asleep and Alice actually thought I closed my eyes to enjoy the music. Oh well, what she doesn't know can't hurt her, eh? LOL We are not allowed to bring food and drinks into the atrium or whatever they call the place they perform in but since we hadn't finished the chips, I stuffed the rest of the food in my handbag and sneaked them in. Of course, we didn't eat them in there, that would be asking to be caught and thrown out!
We saw the Sapphire Princess leave the quay, heading for New Zealand. It looked like it was going to hit the opera house but was actually passing behind it. Alice kept saying stuff like, "Bye, Opera House!"

15th April
We finally talked things out and we both felt much better. We bought some cake from a bakery in Chinatown called Barby's. Sounds like Barbie, doesn't it? Haha...
Can't figure out why this day seems so unmemorable, can't remember what happened this day...

(don't even ask why I did that, haha)

16th April
Woke up at half past noon because we went online till 5am in the morning. We went to bed just as everyone else was getting up. We ended up just wandering around town in the afternoon. Had the greatest dinner at Chinatown! We went back to Mamak. Turns out, it not only sells roti parta and satay but also other Malaysian food like nasi lemak, ais kacang, cendol, rendang, etc. The minute we walked into the restaurant, we spotted this hot guy who was one of the waiters there. He was cute and hot and really nice too. During the meal, Alice kept taking pictures of him as she pretended to take shots of the shop. I told her to do some really crazy stuff, like pretending to be unable to open the bottle of water on our table or dripping some satay sauce on her chin and asking the hot waiter to lick it for her. Before we left, I took a picture with him. He put his arm around my shoulder!!! *scream* I didn't like how the picture looked so I asked if I could take another picture and he told me, "You look fine." which made me so happy for the rest of the day. Crazy, I know but you should have seen Alice. She was totally high on him. When we left the place, she kept saying that he had his arm around me just now and she was so jealous and stuff like that. She looked at the shots she took of him and kept saying that he was hot. Anyway, that was the day we started really having fun together so that's good! =)
These are two of the nicer pictures of him that we found on the Mamak website. I'll post the ones I took with him later, when I get them from Alice. =)


Doesn't he look hot??! He does!! =D And he actually put his arm around my shoulder! So unbelievable!! Wahaha~



Oh yeah... afterwards when we were walking back to the Russell, we walked past this shop selling really glamorous clothing and in the shop window was this poster of Jesse McCartney, written and signed by the man himself! OMG! I just had to take a photo with it!



17th April
Went to the Blue Mountains. Met a weird guy on the trip, he was from Portugal and his name was Louis. I thought he was ok at first but after Alice said she didn't like him, I started feeling that he was weird. I don't know if it was because she said that or he was really kinda weird and I didn't notice it before. I just didn't like how he kept touching my shoulder or arm when he talked to me. I mean, he could have just called my name, since he was sitting in the same row with us, just the next aisle. I slipped on the stairs during the tour and the tour guide laughed at me, which made me really unhappy. Before, Alice and I were already dissatisfied with her coz we felt she was picking on us and after she laughed at me, there was no way I could like her. When the tour was almost over, Alice suggested that I take a picture with Louis. I tried to mouth "NO" at her but she didn't get it. And you know what Louis did? He kinda lunged at me and put both arms around my shoulders. I was SOOO freaked out by his behavior that I just ran away from him! And he actually chased after me, the freaking weirdo! >.<
(taken with 2 Brits. The guy made a funny face)

(cute kid sitting on a bronze horse on Blue Mountains)

(met a guy walking his 4 scottish terriers)

(me petting one of the scottish terriers)

(wild kangaroos)

(passionfruit cake from the Hilton.. It looks like it was smiling, so cute!)
18th April
Alice's birthday!!! We went for our facials, which started at 11.30am and ended at 6.30 pm. Yes, that was seven hours. Well, it wasn't just a facial; I also got a microdermabrasion and she did some waxing. When we went in, it was daytime but when we walked out it was all dark.... We couldn't find the Mamak place again but had dinner at Noodle Place which sells the MOST authentic Asian food I've ever tasted in Australia!!! Yummy!! It was around 10pm already and Alice still hadn't had cake yet. I said we should probably just get ice cream (coz there were lots of ice cream places at the area we were walking around) and combine it with the sushi we bought earlier. I made up a totally silly birthday song which goes, "Sushi ice cream Alice, sushi ice cream Alice, sushi ice Alice.... Sushi ice cream Alice!" We then had dessert at the Oyster Bar. There was a cute waiter there. He was really nice, he sang happy birthday to Alice when he served us bete noir. Alice wrote my number on the naokin with the burned out candle. Afterwards I realised that the napkin was made of cloth and we were like, "Uh oh..." After we paid the bill and walked away, we saw the cute waiter guy clean up our table and he took the napkins away. After a while, he came out to talk to one of the waitresses and in his hand, he was holding a NAPKIN. Alice said he kept peeping at me all the time, maybe he was asking the waitress about the phone number, like whom it belonged to or something like that. I told her that he was probably asking how to get the candle stains out! Hahaha...
Alice's boots still hurt her feet and she walked like she was drunk and was saying drunk stuff too. We heard a middle-aged man ask his wife, "Is she drunk?" =D

(taken after dessert)

19th April
We wanted to go to Lunar Park but ended up taking the wrong ferry and went to Darling Harbour instead! We went to the Aquarium and the Sydney Tower, which was fun and then we tried to take the ferry again to Lunar Park. The lady we asked before we boarded the 1st ferry told us that we had to go to Melmon Bay so we made doubly sure that we were headed to Melmon Bay. That was the last stop for the ferry that we got on to. When we finally reached the place, it turned out Lunar Park wasn't there! That was so annoying coz Lunar Park is always just across the water and we see it every day but still didn't manage to get there! But afterwards we went back to the Oyster Bar and got dessert again. (Mostly coz I wanted to) The cute waiter guy asked us if it was someone's birthday again today... Haha... He's so nice + cute! And we still haven't managed to get his name... Arghh... Haha...

(just a random pic of me taken under the Opera House)

(random pic of Alice and I eating ice cream)

20th April
We went around The Rocks and discovered so many cool places there! There was a puppet shop which sold hundreds of puppets and toys. Some were more modern ones but the interesting ones are the older ones. It was obvious that those had some really intriguing stories behind their vacant eyes and painted smiles. I felt like asking them how much they have seen over the years but I was kinda frightened that they would open their mouths and answer me. o.0


Afterwards, we went to some galleries and the museum too. The one shop that interested me the most was the Irish shop. It sold all types of Irish stuff. There were 2 books in the shop, showing all the Irish surnames. I found "his" surname in there. *sigh* Missing him sooo badly! I bought a three-leaf clover necklace from the shop.

(Chocolate-covered strawberry from the Rocks Market)

21st April
Finally went to the Royal Botanic Gardens. Saw Wollemi Pine in there. Nothing special about it except it's millions of years old. -_- Saw millions of bats too! Afterwards, we headed to Ariel and guess what? I found the book again! 101 Things To Do Before You Die! It was sold out when I checked 2 days ago and I was so disappointed coz I was going to buy it for someone. Then I found it again! =D

(crazy-looking handmade doll that I got from the bookshop)
Flew back to Adelaide. Missing Sydney; the hustle and bustle was so addictive. Want to be called by my nickname... I don't care if it's Jia Nai, Add Milk, Little Africa, Pepper or whatever, I just want to be called by my nickname so badly right now...
OK! Well, There are more pictures on my other profile pages, like friendster, facebook and myspace. I don't always post the same pictures everywhere so you might wanna go and visit my pages there and have a look. =) Cheers!