Sods law
Saturday, May 10, 2008 x 12:33 PM
Been chatting with a friend on facebook. A guy from the UK named Paul. Haha! Just realised that my lecturer who was originally from the UK (he just became an Aussie citizen recently) is also called Paul! What is it with people from the UK and the name Paul??! LOL So we talked a bit and he mentioned that he loved Australia lots and would move here if he could but apparently he can't because they don't consider his job as being "skilled". (He's a casino manager) He said the only way he could live in Australia is if to marry an Australian or go out with one and live with her or be mega rich. So I said, "Sorry I can't help there coz I'm not Australian." and he replied, "Ah but you live in oz and will be for the next 3 years. It's a start lol." I told him, "Sorry but my heart is taken.... It's HIM I want." He then said, "At the moment, you will get bored chasing but if he is wise he will stop running and let you catch him." I thought it was an interesting quote so I put it under favourite quotes on my facebook profile. And after he learned about my situation, he taught me this UK saying, "Sods law." You use it for situations like mine, when you like someone but the person doesn't like you back. Haha. Sods law. Very interesting, innit?