Monday, May 26, 2008 x 8:56 PM
Today after Human Perspective lecture, I went to the library to do a bit of work and then went online at the comp room before I went home. When I was at the train station waiting for the train, I met Ben and the Egyptian guy. Ben introduced me as "Mary Jane" then he said it was just a nickname and my real name was actually Janet. The Egyptian guy didn't get it, for some reason. He asked me twice if my name was really Mary Jane. Ben and I had to explain TWICE to him that it wasn't my real name. LOL Egyptian guy's name is Abdul, btw. We chatted quite a lot on the train coz he was heading into the city, like me. I was telling him that I never went to Fleur's Biodiversity lecture at 4.30pm coz it was so late and by the time the lecture is over, it's dark already and besides, I can just get the notes off the course homepage. He asked, "So you don't have to attend the lectures to be qualified to sit for the exam?" except he didn't make the question quite as clear and I had to ask him to rephrase it. There was an older guy sitting opposite me who was next to Abdul (coz Abdul was opposite me as well) who laughed at our convo about not going for lectures. We said quite a few funny things actually! Haha... Then he joined in our convo we started talking about seeing penguins in the zoo. He told us that we could see them at Kangaroo Island. I said I went there in the summer but didn't see one single penguin at all. And then we discussed the transexuals in Malaysia. We talked about lots of stuff actually, even cocaine and the term "戴绿帽'' and bumiputera rights. I know, really deep stuff huh? It's amazing how intellectually stimulating that was. And I'm not being sarcastic. Afterwards we walked into the city together, still discussing whether you should or should not do a course you're interested in. It was quite a debate, I can tell ya! As we reached Rundle Mall, I remembered Nicholas's suggestion. So I told Abdul I was going to Starbucks and we parted ways. I tried the green tea latte coz Nicholas told me it was quite good. It was alright actually. Tastes like green tea with hot milk. I scalded my tongue and now it's tender and I have to eat really carefully or else I might burn it again. Haha..