Traumatic
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 x 5:15 AM
You won't believe what I saw yesterday! I was walking to the bus stop on Currie Street to catch the bus home (after uni). I was walking past this other bus stop and heard (before I saw) an Australian woman hollering at an Asian high school kid. She was screaming, "SAY SORRY!" He said sorry once and was going to walk off with his friends but the woman still wasn't satisfied, she continued to scream, " SAY SORRY! YOU BANGED YOUR BAG INTO A FOUR-YEAR-OLD'S HEAD (her kid) AND YOU'RE GOING TO JUST WALK AWAY?!
SAY SORRY!!Her husband was angry too but he wasn't as worked up as she was. Her face was red all over and quite a few blood vessels were standing out. I was stunned into silence and looked towards the teenage boy, who looked like he was secretly quaking in his boots. Poor boy, I would be too if I were him. Having someone scream at you at the top of their lungs in the middle of the streets where everyone else was staring at the commotion is definitely NOT a very calming experience. He'll be scarred for life (hahaha...)! I noticed that people from across the street were watching this episode too. I'm just glad I wasn't that high school kid or the child of those parents. Can you imagine being brought up by people like that? If that's what she's like over incidents like that, I think I would be mortified every single day when she has these outbursts. JESUS.
My hands are trembling a bit from describing what happened.