WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




Birthday celebration

Friday, June 6, 2008 x 8:06 AM

My birthday was perfect! :) Haven't had so much fun in ages!
I slept really really early on June 4th (at 3pm in fact) coz I was tired and upset about the birthday card matter. I woke up at 00.10am on June 5th! So I didn't miss much of my birthday LOL. I didn't do it on purpose but I just happened to wake up at that time. I went online and Jivesh wished me happy birthday. He even cut a cake and showed me on the webcam. He managed to cut his finger with his sword (eeks!). He said the blue icing on the cake tasted like soap even though I think it's supposed to be blueberry. Haha! Then he ate the cake and said it was delicious. I asked if it tasted like blood. -_- Given his bloodthirsty tendencies, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual reason! XD Anyway Jiv thought he had a chinese paper to sit for later that day so he asked me to wake him. It took 4 calls to wake him, if I remember correctly. Afterwards he went to uni and hunted for the teacher for ages! He finally found out that the exam was the next day... @.@
I went to uni for the 8am earth systems lecture. On the way there, I kept telling myself that I would be happy that day and it worked like a charm! I was all smiles, if I keep it up, pretty soon I''ll be called Miley too! LOL Received quite a few birthday greetings and hugs from my friends! First hug was from Cameron, which made me realise how tall the guys really are! I always thought he was medium height but when he gave me a hug, my face was squished in the middle of his chest! My head didn't even reach the top of his shoulders! -_- Then Craig gave me a hug, which was even worse coz Craig is a HUGE guy! Then I think the next one was... erm, I can't remember already... Dylan then came out from the lecture hall. I didn't see him come in that morning but apparently he did. He smiled with me and asked if it was actually my birthday that day. I said it was so he said happy birthday to me. I think he's nice. :D Desmond thought his name was Matt but that was another person I guess. I found out Dylan's name in our last EAHP tutorial while he and luncheonmeat and another guy called Clint did their presentation. Even Dylan wished me a happy birthday that day, but luncheonmeat? He didn't even come for the lecture. Prescott was really nice, he said he really wished he could have come but since he's already got a family thing planned earlier, there was no way to cancel it. He then gave me a hug and Gill did too (I think).
I went home and tried to call my dad but he wasn't answering the phone. I went out at noon for my makeup appointment. It was at Chanel which was awesome! I bought their hydrating mask. Then Alice came and met up with me. We went looking at perfumes. We tried so many scents that we kind of got confused about which one was which. I accompanied her as she had lunch at a Thai restaurant. I bought Chopard Happy (a perfume) from the Regent Arcade.
Afterwards we went back to the lodge and I started preparing myself. Put on the white dress that made me look like a bride (or Cinderella, as I like to think). Tried to fluff my hair up a bit and then touched up the makeup. Alice and I were actually late coz she went back to change into another pair of tights coz it was so cold. She was wearing three layers of clothing while I was wearing my dress which was strapless and my black leather jacket over it and heels only!! And she dared to complain it was cold?! So we missed the bus and had to wait for the next one. We got to Cafffe Amore. Cameron, Matt, Ben, Larysa, Michael and Catherine were already there. They all said my dress was really pretty. :D I already realised that the most of the people I invited were from Mawson Lakes (well, of course, seeing as I don't really know anyone else) and I think Alice seemed really conscious about it too. The only 2 persons who weren't studying at Mawson Lakes were Alice and Alyssa. Kinda matches too, huh? Haha... Alice goes to Magill and Alyssa goes to Adelaide Uni. The rest of the people, two were from other courses and the rest were Sustainable Environments! Desmond is Civil Engineering, of course, Beth is the exchange student from NYC. Cameron said it was like an LBST party. LOL We ordered food which took like 45 minutes to come! Everyone was starving by the time the food came. I had moved to one end of the table by that time and was talking to Nicol, Larysa, Desmond and Ben. I ordered a pan fried omelette which was quite good and had tomatoes and mushrooms in it. Ben had chicken and he gave me two pieces despite my protests that I was stuffed. He said, "Come on, you know you want it." Ahaha, I love chicken, seriously! And that chicken was so delicious!! :D After I finished eating I moved again, this time to between Hong and Matt. The cakes came out and there were fizzles on them. They sang happy birthday to me and I asked me to blow the fizzles out. That was impossible to do since fizzles are NOT candles. I tried twice anyway but laughed too hard and couldn't do it. Both times, I blew for one second and burst out laughing. The whole cake was a tropical fruit cake while the half cake was white chocolate mud. Most people wanted the white choc one and the poor tropical one was only half eaten. Afterwards, we asked for the cake to be put back in the cake boxes so we could bring it away. Desmond helped me to hold it for a while but then he had to go home early coz he's got class the next day. So he handed the cake box to Cameron who really didn't want to hold it. He was kind of ungentlemanly about it actually... The rest of us went on to the pub. We had to show ID at the door and I didn't have the right type so I couldn't get in and everyone came out again. We tried the place at the Casino but again, it didn't work. When we went to the Casino, they told me to take my jacket off coz I looked older that way. Nicol held my jacket for me. Then we thought of the uni bar at Adelaide Uni. Four of us walked over there, while the other four had to get their cars. Well, actually two girls had to get their cars and two others went with them. Nicol forgot to return my jacket to me so I walked all the way to Adelaide uni in my dress and heels, feeling like my carriage had turned back into a pumpkin. LOL I wish I knew what the temperature was though... We got into the uni bar without any hassle (since it was the uni bar, no one was checking for ID). The guys had some drinks but we girls didn't. Nicol did ask me if I wanted to try vodka but I wasn't quite ready for alcohol, to be honest. I want to adopt the Australian culture but not THAT much. One girl whom I didn't know came up to me and said she loved my dress! <3
We sat there for a while, then we girls left at around 5 minutes to 10pm. Larysa took a taxi home while Catherine drove me and Nicol. Nicol said to drop her off at the bus stop but we waited with her coz it was already so late and so cold. We waited more than half hour for the bus. Three of us just huddled together on the bench. Several times, a group of guys (some were drunk, some weren't but it was still kinda scary) would walk past. Finally J1G came and Nicol got on the bus. Catherine then drove me home. I reached home at 10.50pm.
The whole day was amazing, really. It was so much fun! Thanks to everyone who made my 19th so memorable! XOXOXO