WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.





Friday, July 25, 2008 x 12:02 PM

I went on a Barossa Valley winery tour with May on Wednesday and it was so cool!! :D The weather was amazing too! It had been raining or cloudy for the past few days but fortunately, it was sunny and warm that Wednesday. We visited 4 wineries and tasted some of their wines. Before we went to any of the wineries, we stopped at a toy factory first. This toy factory is famous for building the world's largest rocking horse (placed on the front lawn). Note the two people in the lower left-hand corner of the background for scale.

The first winery we went to was also the biggest one, called Wolf Blass. We tasted a Merlot, a Cabernet, a tawny Port, a Muscat and a few others whose names I can't remember. After that bit of wine-tasting, I really shook my head in disgust for my capacity to hold liquor. I had only a few sips from each type of wine and was already feeling delightfully light-headed! Pathetic or what?!
(photo of the Wolf Blass symbol. Quite a majestic creature, is it not?)
We then had a 3-course lunch with the tour. I had Grilled Barramundi for the main course and a berry cheesecake for dessert (yummy!) :) We then went on to three other smaller wineries that were family-ran and more of a boutique style. Dunno what that means but I don't think it matters LOL I don't think I even paid attention to what the other wineries were called coz I was so stuffed after lunch that I didn't really care. Embarrassing...
I'm pretty sure we stopped at the Barossa Sculpture Park after visiting the second winery but don't take my word for it, I'm not 100% certain. Hahaha... The view was magnificent from there! Too bad my measly camera phone doesn't take good enough photos to properly convey its magnificence...





At the third winery, the owners had an old dog that walked kind of strange. The tour guide, Hannah, thought it might have arthritis but the owner said it didn't have arthritis so I don't really know what's wrong with it. I think it had stiff joints or something. The canine was really gentle and friendly, it walked up to me and sniffed my boots and let me pet it too. :) I took some pictures of it.







(That's a pic I took of May when she wasn't paying attention, hehe...)
At the fourth and last winery, I took just one photo of a model wood cabin outside the cellar window.

I had nothing to do on the mini van so I started taking pictures of the scenery as we were driven past it. Here are some of the nicer ones... You'll see my reflection in the photos, some are pretty obvious but some aren't but I hopw you guys will like the pics! :D

(Look at that, how can you not fall in love with a view like that?)




(Another one of the numerous wineries up in Barossa Valley)



(Those trees look like they're being blown sideways by the wind, don't they? But that's how they grew, I swear)
Darn, looks like the picture sizes are too big to fit into my tiny blog frame. Either I'll have to upload the pics again or I'll change my blog skin. Will do it tonight, I promise!