WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.





Saturday, July 19, 2008 x 2:45 AM

Whoo! Just came back from the pub with some new friends introduced to me by May. Today I went to Nicol's house and I met her two scottish terriers - Wilson and Walter. Get this: Wilson is actually Walter's dad! They are REALLY cute! They kept brushing their beards on the carpet and Nicol said they were just showing off (but showing off what?). We watched some movies together, Never Been Kissed and She's The Man. Loved them both! Fantastic chick flicks, they are! :)
Then it was getting late. May called to ask where I was coz we agreed to meet up for dinner that evening. I told her and she said she happened to be in the same area with her friends too. We met up at Tea Tree Plaza and we zoomed away at supersonic speed, or so it seemed. Her friend Lucas drives like a ... a ... Formula One driver. By the time we reached Adelaide, my knees were weak and I felt a bit nauseous. It was a quick ride though. :D I had dinner with May and 5 other new friends. Then we headed to the Austral for some drinks. The first round, May and I didn't get anything to drink but during the second round, I had a bottle of Smirnoff Double Black which is kind of a fave among girls who prefer sweeter drinks. I think we stayed in the Austral for 4 hours or maybe more! The guys drank a lot. Really a lot. Another girl called Shereen (last year's IS lecturer's name! No wonder I found it familiar!) didn't touch a drop. Good for her, actually! And then I think it was Tallisin (pronounced as "telly-surn" without the "r") who suddenly had the mood for dancing. So we headed to back where the DJ was doing his stuff and some of them danced around a bit. I don't know how we managed to spend four hours in that place but it was achieved. LOL
Throughout those 4 hours, most of the guys kept going out for smokes. The first cigarette Lucas smoked in the car was like living hell but I got used to it after that. And when we finally stepped out of the Austral, the guys got some yiros to appease their rumbling bellies. Then Lucas sent May and I back to the lodge.
Well, it was fun. I mean, it is fun to do this once in a while but - every week? My liver would either shrivel up or go on strike for better work conditions! Anyway, met new people, had a decent night out, been up for... let's see, 29 hours straight and now I'm not even tired. I must have gone beyond tired! LOL