Ali's house
Sunday, September 28, 2008 x 8:07 PM
Went to bed well past midnight after celebrating Nicol's birthday with her. When I woke up, it was 11am! Bloody hell! I was supposed to go visit Ali! I leaped out of bed and showered and got ready in less than half an hour - a record for me since I came to Oz. I didn't know it was going to be hot outside so I put on a long-sleeved top and jeans and went out. THEN I regretted it. It was 30 degrees out there and I felt like I was melting.... I think quite a few people stared at me like I was a psycho for dressing like that in such weather ROFL. When I got off at the right bus stop, Ali was there to meet me. We walked back to her place, met her cat Kipper the first thing! He's a huge 4-year-old tom cat, with the sweetest, cutest face! And he's got the most adorable paws ever! :) I like him so much! Kippeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr~ LOL
I got the grand tour of Ali's house, which is very her. The retro look was there, and her Beatles collection and the color orange was dominant in the house. :D We had some meringue, with cream and strawberry and mango (YUMMY!), then headed out for a proper lunch. Before we went out for lunch, Ali gave my fringe a trim! And then I decided to scare Kent, I told him I chopped all my hair off and was now sporting a bob. He got a bit concerned, which was so funny, but he said, "I'll still marry you." and that was just cute (AWWWW....). We had sushi for lunch (no surprise there, Ali and I seem to always have sushi) and then some gelati because it was so frickin' hot (pardon my French). We shared a small tub of gelati, the flavours we sampled were sorbet lemon, rockmelon and watermelon. Mmmm.... My fave had to be rockmelon! The other two were a lil' bit too sour for my liking. Finally the day cooled down a tad when evening came. I headed home and then went to sleep at 8pm coz I was still really exhausted. Woke up at 12.30am and after a few minutes, Kent msged me. He told me he had a headache so he went to bed early, and he just woke up at half past midnight too! I went over to his place, tried to help with the headache but he said that once I walked in, the headache just went away. ^.^ His friend... (um, whatshisname... oh yeah! Damon!) ... Damon was there, not that I've met him before, but yeah, anyway, met him. Chatted with the two men for some time. When Damon was using the bathroom, Kent asked me what the matter was, and why I was being so adversarial. I said I wasn't, oh, maybe I was a bit, but it wasn't in a bad way, was it? He answered that no, it wasn't in a bad way so I said, good. Then in came Fletcher, the guy who was dressed up as Conan the Barbarian at Kent's party. He and Damon both crashed in Kent's living room for the night. We were going to watch a movie on Kent's laptop in his room, so we wouldn't disturb the 2 sleeping beauties (LMAO) but Kent fell asleep after five minutes!! -.- Way to go, grandpa... I watched Meet the Robinsons for half an hour then gave up and went to sleep too because it was hurting my neck to watch the movie at such an awkward angle. That was probably, what, 4am already? Ah, bloody hell... The next thing I knew it was 9.30am and I was still exhausted. I slept for a bit more and finally got up at 1pm. Luke and his girlfriend - oh shoot, I forgot her name! She's Canadian, anyway - came over and drove Kent over to his parents' to get his car back. The day before, they borrowed his car and took it out for a drive and hit another car and they had to report the accident within 24 hours. So yes, a lot of drama in his life, that's for sure. And for some reason, his parents are mad at Kent's elder sister, Sam?!
Then Kent and I had a little impromptu picnic in the park near Elm Tree Lodge. After 10 minutes or so, it started raining?!? Darn it, shitty timing! But then we sat under a tree and continued the picnic because the rain stopped afterwards. :D
I had an awesome weekend! And next week is going to be just as wonderful! :D Meeting up with Matt to go to the museum, catching up with Ali, going out with Alice, and then weekend at Kangaroo Island! My assignments are definitely not going to get done, are they? Oh dear... LOL
Oh yeah, I was talking to Shane, my friend in Canberra, on the phone (he called me actually) and we talked about some stuff. He was telling me about his two friends who went to visit him from Sydney, and how he got them little gifts. One of the girls, Ivy, got a stuffed bear and the other, Tina, got a stuffed dog. When he told me that Tina got a puppy, I was so stunned that I asked him, "You got her a puppy? A real live puppy?!" How stupid of me.... Oh dear... LOL