Nicol's birthday
Sunday, September 28, 2008 x 7:36 PM
So my friend Nicol, whom I met at uni, had her 19th birthday dinner on Friday, the 26th. Her birthday is actually on the 27th but she wanted to spend that day with her boyfriend Scott, so she moved the celebration ahead. I was so tired that day, not sure why. Went to catch Wall.E the day before, so it could be because of that. I slept the whole day then woke up in the evening and rushed out to Cafe Amore, where we were all going to have dinner together. That's the same place I had my birthday dinner too! ;) I was the first to get there and ended up waiting for the rest of the people for half an hour because they all couldn't find the location! -.- Then finally I heard someone call my name from across the street, looked over - it was Nicol! She introduced me to her cousin and three of her friends after her boyfriend left. She said he had had a bad day at work, had a fight with his boss and afterwards, argued with his twin brother, so he wasn't feeling very cheerful and wanted to just stay at home with a bottle or two and mope by himself. I think some people thought he was a bit of a killjoy but oh well. That seems to be the way he is. *shrug* Then another 2 persons arrived. And finally her brother, Devon, came in too. We had a pretty nice dinner together. One of the girls dropped her phone in water or something and the phone was wet and stopped working, I suggested that they put it under a hand dryer in the toiler but they said maybe it would be better to just let it dry by itself. I talked to Devon a bit more than the rest of the people there because he was sitting next to me. He was really nice and friendly! Oh yeah, Kent was invited to the dinner too but he couldn't come because his mom's birthday was on the same night. Hell of a timing, wasn't it? Everything always happens on the same day... So then, after the dinner, two of the girls left. The rest of us (there were 7 of us left) headed to HQ, a nightclub in the city. We didn't stay for long, just watched some models walked out and danced for a bit, and then we left. I think it was the finals in that contest or something. The girls, of course, were smokin'! LMAO I'm not supposed to say that, am I? Being a girl myself? Oh what the heck... But it's true that competitions like that just make the normal girls feel insecure about themselves. While we were walking back to the Cafe (the guys' cars were parked there), Nicol's heels were hurting her a lot! They were new shoes and hadn't been worn in before. Bloody hell, she must have been going through a lot of pain but she marched ahead gamely (good on you, Nicol, hun!). But halfway, she had to stop because she had this nasty blister on her foot, and the band aid she put on kept rubbing off. I tried to get her to put on my boots (which were a size 7 even though my feet are 5 and 1/2) but they just didn't fit her. We came very close to getting the boots on her feet but they just wouldn't go on! Luckily, one of the girls, Jeda (sounds like Jedi, right? lol), let Nicol wear her ballet flats while she herself went barefooted! Way to go, Jeda! :D We got back into the city (finally) and Nicol called up Scott to come pick her up. He ended up giving all of us a ride back to the cafe. There were 5 of us by that time, another two had left on their own when we came out of HQ. So the tallest guy sat in front, beside Scott, and the rest of us (Nicol, Jeda, Devon and I) squeezed in the back. FYI, Scott's car is a 2-door, which meant not much leg room for either of us. Jeda even had to sit on our laps and bend her head down and basically pretend that she wasn't a person because we're not allowed to have 4 people in the backseat. Before we got back to the cafe, we spotted a police car! We all told Jeda to snuggle down lower so that the police wouldn't see her. That was just hilarious, I could barely breathe for being squeezed from the sides by the Forbes siblings (Nicol and Devon) and then Jeda was pressing down on all three of us too. Poor thing, her face was squashed against the back of the driver's seat the whole time! :( Oh, oh! What happened next was that someone (probably the cousin in the front seat) commented that he saw a couple on the streets. I'm not sure what he said they were doing but the way he said it, like "Those guy are blah blah blah.." and I said, trying to be funny, "So that couple back there were 2 guys?" And then Devon said, "One of them was bent over and the other was working away hard..." I then said, "I wanna watch!" and EVERYONE just cracked up! Hahaha... Finally we got back to the cafe, four of us went to Devon's car and he drove us all back. He had this tiny, fast, racey car which was ALSO a 2-door. Jeda and I sat in the back and I couldn't help asking, "How do tall people fit in this car?" And Devon replied, "They don't! That's why I can drive it..." LOL All in all, not too bad a night, I would say. I had more fun in the end, but then again, I always do. :)