WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




KILL ME NOWWWWWWW.......

Monday, October 13, 2008 x 10:46 AM

I'm sitting in front of a computer in uni, thinking of what to write yet my mind is moving at a snail's speed or possibly even slower than that! I had a great weekend, as usual. Stayed home on Friday night and watched an old movie, Team America, with Kent. Fell asleep after 30 minutes or less lol (this is getting to be an awful habit).
Next morning, we drove up to Giles Conservation Park so I could do my Sustainable Ecosystem assignment. It was truly breathtaking up in the hills! So tranquil and peaceful, it was as if we had shaken off the grime and dust of the city and reembraced nature... I tried to take pictures of the woodland beasties we encountered but a lot of them refused to be photographed (Grrrr!). It was too lovely up there and I was distracted by the scenery and Kent's form a few times *smirk* I don't think he realised that I had taken some pictures of him while he was looking for some wildlife for me. Hehehe... I couldn't help it, he looked so cute with that wooden staff! He really did resemble Sun Wu Kong, the Monkey God! I told him that but he has no idea who Sun Wu Kong is anyway... There are many things to teach him. :)

Monkey God with his staff :)

Then we had a picnic at a spot where we could look out into the valley. Ohhhhh, a more delectable feast has never been consumed!! LOL We had cheese (smoked applewood) and crackers, chocolate flavoured Hello Pandas, gummy bears, curry puffs and coconut tarts. Or maybe it was the fresh air or the exercise that whetted our appetites and made everything so tasty. I loved looking outwards and seeing all those magnificent trees and the breathtakingly blue sky... I loved it all. <3
We met up with James to help him with his so-called "fashion crisis". Under the encouragement of my amazing boyfriend who, I'm proud to say, has a great fashion sense, James bought a pair of wicked looking shoes. =P A little later in the afternoon, we went and got a present for Kent's neighbour, Ray, who was having his 50th that night. There were all these attractive, tanned people walking on the streets, clad in beachwear or summer gear. I was kind of distracted by people of the wrong sex, I kept looking at the girls instead of the guys lol. I suppose that should be a relief to Kent (or not??) Haha, I swear I am NOT bi, alright?! Kent ran into one of his workmates, an attractive-looking girl whose name I've forgotten cleanly. That girl was out with a friend, an even more attractive girl named Donna. I thought she looked good with her tan but Kent pointed out to me that it was fake afterwards. -.-
It was time for us to go to Nick's farewell then. I changed into a white dress and Sam complimented me several times, saying that I looked really pretty in it. :D During the farewell, I finally got to meet the famous John and Briony! I have to admit, the first time I heard their names mentioned, I thought "John and Briony" sounded like the name of some TV show! lol Briony is lovely, we chatted quite a bit during the night. And while we were chatting, I accidentally spilled half a glass of beer on Kent's clothes! Oh, how foolish was I! I was trying to indicate to Briony the shape of parachute pants and didn't notice that the glass was really close to my hand and then - oopsies! The worst part wasn't that the beer smelled sour (even thought it did), it was that it created a godawful stain on his jeans, right on his crotch area! LMAO Oh dear, oh dear... I really was sorry but it was kind of funny, in a way... I reckon half the people there were smoking and the smell they created was vile! I said that to Kent and he thought I said HE smelled vile. I would never say anything like that of him! :( In the meantime, James had gotten really drunk and I heard Kent say that the bouncer had tried to throw him out a few times and would have succeeded if not for Kent's intervention. We went home in a cab and James was so inebriated that he had to be literally dragged out of the taxi!! lol I must say, I've never seen anything like it in my life but I think I'm going to see a lot more of that in the future... :) Once we got back, I was feeling a bit tired and didn't really want to join Ray's birthday party but did so anyway. One thing I really couldn't bring myself to do was to dance. I did a little bit of cheerleading in high school, a couple of hip hop dances for our school's fund-raising scheme, and that was it. I pretty much did all of those to help the school or my class, but I'm not very good at dancing and I know it, which is why I wouldn't - couldn't - join everyone on the dance floor. Not to mention that I feel stupid dancing. I really think I have two left feet and I'm not at all elegant... So I beg you - please stop trying to get me to dance!! We heard that John had turned up at the party drunk, threw a chair back and basically annoyed a whole table of people and got thrown out. Some of his friends tried looking for him but to no avail. And what of James? Kent went into Superman mode and "rescued" him from his next door neighbour's house. James was said to have been found in one of the women's bedrooms, putting his shirt on... (OMG!!) Briony, Justin, Damon and Nick came over from the farewell and joined us. We chilled in the house for some time (try a few hours). The guys did some speed and I couldn't bring myself to watch when it was Kent's turn. I wanted to cover my ears or start humming but thought it would have either come off as being weird or impolite. That prolonged sniffing was one of the most awful sounds I've ever heard... Am I just overreacting again? Most of my friends would say I'm not but some people who would say the opposite. I know that compromise is a very important thing but I don't know if I am allowing too much. I don't want to be restricting but at the same time, I don't think that all these "extras" are really needed to help you feel better or more clear-headed or whatever. You want to feel clear-headed? How about a cup of coffee or lukewarm water? It's healthier by a long shot. Or hey, how about a knock in the head? That works too. I'm not being judgemental and I think, if you consider that I've never been exposed to drugs before in my life except what I read about in books - and what our teachers constantly drum into us - I think it's fair to say my reaction has been pretty mild. Oh, and guess what? Amphetamine causes erectile dysfunction. I would have thought that alone would have put all men off of drugs *smirk* Had a discussion with Justin about Confucianism. Remember how we used to wonder how the heck Kong Zi had gotten his English name? I think we came to the conclusion that the Westerners were trying to pronounce his name and got "confused", called him "Confucius" and - well, you get the rest. Then I chatted with Nick about his work and his time with the Aboriginals up in Darwin. I found Justin and Nick to be really nice guys. Update on James: He was still drunk coz he had had a few more beers after that. I went to bed really "early" and was dead to the world till noon the next day.