Christmas pageant
Saturday, November 8, 2008 x 12:40 PM
Went to watch the Christmas Pageant today with Kent. It was quite cold and we kept ourselves warm by walking along the streets till the pageant started. While we were walking down King William Street, I saw this really familiar-looking guy walk past me. He was staring at me and I was staring at him even as we walked past each other. I turned to look at him after he had passed and found he was still staring at me too. I stopped Kent and went to talk to this guy. I found out that he was actually from Foon Yew!! Like, wow! How's that for randomness? I can't believe I bumped into Chen Hao (aka Ryan) in Adelaide after I've left high school for over a year! So weird... But it was a pleasant surprise for me, I mean, how many times have I had the chance to say, "Oh, I bumped into a high school friend today"? Uh, only once this entire year! Oh right, this reminds me - another high school friend of mine, Yu Hang is coming to Oz next year. He's going to be studying in Brisbane, at Uni of Queensland.
Anyway, we watched the pageant from one of the streets and met Deanna (Kent's eldest sister who's around 7 months pregnant), Geordie (her fiancé) and cute little two-year-old Jamie (who has the most amazing blue eyes)! I thought I might bump into Ali, Aaron and the kids too but that didn't happen. She didn't even reply my text when I asked where she was at. Oh well *shrug*
After the pageant was over, we walked back to where we had parked the car but wasn't sure exactly where we had parked it. Kent said to turn left but I was certain that we should turn right instead. We turned left first and walked quite a distance and still couldn't see the car so we turned around and walked in the direction I believed the car was in. Turns out if we had just walked 5 metres more in the first direction, we would have seen the car and didn't have to walk along the same stretch of road three times! lol So anyway, got the car, got INTO the car and then drove off and one of pageant floats was being driven right beside us so we took a couple of photos of this huge papier-mâché snail! You can only see its tail from the picture I took :(

I loved the whole Christmas pageant and I'm so glad I got to experience it for the first time in my life! I feel like I'm making up for my lost childhood. :)