WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




How many reasons do you need?

Thursday, November 6, 2008 x 11:08 AM

Reading my dad's letter aloud to Kent this morning made me really sad. I couldn't understand why my dad is just so different from any other person I've ever met! He's a great man, he loves me and takes care of me and makes sure that I don't have to worry about my living expenses; He's strong, silent, hardworking, frugal. But his letter struck me as being uncommonly cold and practical and robotic. Humans are ruled by emotions and that's okay, I can handle that, but what he said hurt me a little... As if having only one reason made spending some money to return to JB to see him not worthwhile. Really, how many reasons do you need? I don't get him, I really don't get him. Kent, after listening to what my dad had written, hugged me and told me that even if my dad didn't want me to go home during December, I could be there with him and he would look after me and I didn't have to worry so much. It made me happy, touched and sad at the same time because at that very moment, it seemed that Kent cared about me more than the man who fathered me did.