WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.





Monday, December 22, 2008 x 4:39 PM

Ahh... this is the life... Eating corn chips dipped in salsa while blogging about the past few weeks... Now let's see, what's happened? I went back to JB for 19 days. Did so much that it's mostly a blur in my mind now. The bane of old age. *sigh* Most of my time was spent on Christmas shopping and catching up with old friends.
On the first day (night, actually) back, I called Kent with my mobile while I was on my way back to my dad's flat in Singapore. I talked to him for a bit and then said, "Hey, my dad's sitting next to me. Do you want to talk to him?" And with my usual tact and thoughtfulness, I just passed the phone to my dad and let the two men converse awkwardly. 
Day 2: Went for a morning walk around Teban Gardens neighbourhood and had a sneak preview at dad's future apartment. Well, the land that it's going to be built on, anyway.
<---my dad

Then I met up with my oldest best friend, Lee Peng, whom I've known since the age of 11. Nine years of friendship. That, frankly, is the longest friendship in my life! Couldn't bear my floppy fringe anymore so I went to get a haircut at Thomas & Guys.<--- (in Thomas & Guys) me clutching Kent's T-shirt and missing him
<--- (also in Thomas & Guys) Lee Peng and I
<--- I wonder what the hairdressers thought of us -_-
First shopping spree that day.

Day 3: Felt the full blown effects of jet lag that it wasn't funny. I slept for hours till noon, woke up for a couple of hours and fell back into my comatose state. Called off my date with Yvon in the evening.

Day 4: Was abducted by aliens, I'm pretty sure, coz I don't remember where that day went!

Day 5: Caught up with Fen Wei, my cute, thoughtful, funny girlfriend from the college of the way of the sun (a.k.a. Sunway College). Second shopping spree, can't remember exactly what was bought on which day so I shall not attempt to list any of the items purchased, except for the uniquely-flavoured choccies, which were definitely bought on Day 5 coz Fen Wei and I tasted each flavour and decided that we both loved the mango-flavoured ones (or was it the durian-flavoured ones?). Oh yeah, ran into my ex, Gee Yi (a.k.a. the other Virgo) , who was with his girlfriend and seemed really awkward and embarrassed to have ran into me. 

Day 6: Caught up with Yvon, my second oldest friend, after her half day of work. Went to Leisure Mall optimistically to look for hammocks. Turned out Shiva gave us wrong info and no hammocks were actually sold in Leisure Mall. Bugger. Headed to Jusco Tebrau City afterwards and finally bought some threads from Wh. I remember lusting after that store when I was in college. Now I lust no more! Muahaha! Selected a bottle of aftershave lotion for Kent. Loved the scent! :D
<---(for the benefit of those who don't know) the biggest bookstore in JB
<--- Christmas tree in front of Harris bookstore (bloody hell, been in Australia for too long, keep thinking of Harris Scarfe)
<--- a ridiculous sign in the women's toilet, made ridiculous by the announcement that their toilet is clean

Day 7: No recollection of any activities, therefore must have either been comatose again or went out with Yvon again. Most probably the former.

Day 8: Hari Raya Haji or something. Yvon had the day off, so we went to Holiday Plaza and Sutera Mall. Had dinner in Sutera Mall at a Mexican restaurant called Amigos.



<---decor in the Amigos

Day 9: Dad had the day off so I stayed home and chilled and learnt some of his recipes.

Day 10: What DID I do???! Why can't I remember???!

Day 11: Met up with Jayne and she told me about her boyfriend, Daniel, and the countless sweet gestures he made. I'm really glad she found a good guy this time. We went to Everalp and I tried on 5 cheongsams and ended up buying the two in the pics below.



Day 12: Had a facial and pedicure before meeting up with Yvon for dinner and an hour at the C.C. (cyber cafe - Malaysian for internet cafe). Had nasi lemak or something similar for dinner. Yummy! :D
After dinner, we walked over to the C.C.. A tiny kitten's mews stopped me in my footsteps and I sought its form amongst the shadowy bushes. It looked so pitiful that I wanted to take it home with me... :(
<--- it was about as big as my friend's shoe

Day 13: Went to Danga City Mall, yet another one of the newly sprouted malls, like mushrooms after a heavy rainfall.

 
 
Day 14: Dad's off day so I stayed home with him again

Day 15: Met up with the Sunway gang, Agnes, Vivian, Pei Shi, Li Yi, JY, Lek Hooi and Guan Yeu. Caught a movie with them, the Day the Earth Stood Still.  JY said the movie was boring but Agnes and I both loved it! Oh yeah, Agnes looked so different! She looked fabulous! :D Vivian really liked Agnes's bag, which was bought in Korea, and insisted on taking a picture with the bag lol. We had dinner in Johor Jaya and I had the most amazing prawn noodles!!

Day 16: Went to Singapore with Agnes (dear) to trade in our old jeans for new Levi's for 50 bucks less. Can't get a better deal than that. I forgot to ask why they wanted our old jeans though. It was the first day that the new customs was open and it chaos reigned. Took us an hour to get through. @.@ On the bus into Singapore, Agnes and I laughed as we watched some Japanese TV shows on her Ipod. A Jap boy band had to go into a haunted hospital as a test of their bravery. They were split up into 2 groups and the 1st group squealed like girls every time they encountered one of the "ghosts". It was highly entertaining watching grown men jump and scream at every tiny provocation. Thanks to Agnes, our journey had not even one boring moment. Thanks, dear! :)
We had ice cream cake at a place called Marvellous Cream in Singapore. Agnes had Tiramisu and I chose Mont Blanc. Cute looking shop, cute looking cakes.



Day 17: Met up with Bao Ling in the morning. We had a bit of lunch together and I could hear Auld Lang Syne braodcasted through the mall. When she had to leave, I was suddenly overcome by emotions and sobbed into her arms. Had some dessert with Yvon while we waited for Darlene (Li Ting) in the late arvo.



Day 18: Stayed home and slept through the day.

Day 19: Left JB at noon and travelled to KL via express bus. We went on the North-South Highway of course. I was reminded of the times I used to shout "Nan Bei Da Dao wan sui!" ("Long live North-South Highway!") during the night when we travelled to Taiping to visit my uncle and his family...
Terrible traffic congestion in KL but managed to reach KLIA four hours before boarding time anyway -_- A feat only achievable by my dad lol.

20th Dec: Reached Adelaide at 7.15am. Going though the customs took up about half an hour.
               (To be continued...)