WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




Reflective

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 x 3:36 PM

Sorry for being MIA for such a long time. I've had great fun being back in Malaysia, even though I missed my sugarbunch all the time and spent nearly A$900 (!!) on my phone bill for that month. I enjoyed myself when I returned to Australia. Horse riding, Christmas lunch with Kent's family, a five-course dinner on New Year's Eve at the casino, watching the fireworks as the clock struck twelve that night, kayaking, et cetera, et cetera. Sometimes there's too much happening that you are at a loss as to where to begin, you know? All that we do, it's all about creating memories, isn't it? I mean, we may not think of it as creating memories whilst we are out there doing the things we love or experiencing new things or just having fun with buddies, but if you think about it, it boils down to that. We're doing all these things so that one day in the future, we will be able to look back on the 'glory days' and smile and say, "Oh yeah, those were the days."

There are some things I never realized, till I met you
How the wind feels on my cheeks, when I'm barking at the moon

Oh sorry, where was I? I lost track. I'm so in love with the movie Bolt right now that the song "Barking at the Moon" keeps playing itself over and over again in my head. I swear it's like it has got the loop setting on.
Anyway, the whole reason for this post is a movie called "27 Dresses" and Yvon's blog post about men who don't keep their promises and a story about a poor girl who was strangled by her boyfriend a few days ago. Men, women, relationships, love, promises, dreams, second chances, taking risks, weddings. I love the movie (no surprises there) because it's about all the things I listed in the previous sentence. Woman who loves weddings has had a crush on her boss for ever, doesn't dare to let him know. Her sister who's never in the country comes back suddenly and starts a whirlwind romance with the boss. She is crushed (no pun intended). Meanwhile a cynical "writer" who doesn't know the meaning of the word "quit" keeps inserting himself into her life and pestering her. He finds out that she has been helped 27 of her friends organise their weddings and she's kept every single bridesmaid dress. She learns that there is no chemistry between she and her boss but finds that the cynical "writer" has much in common with herself. Long story short, they fell in love and got married. Ok, so maybe that's all a tad too predictable. So the hell what? I love it and nothing can change that. On to the girl who was strangled by her boyfriend... The good news is that she still breathes, not sure how much bodily damage he did her but the emotional scarring he gave her will take some time to heal. This story made me reflect on my own past and current experiences. I realised that I've been very lucky, even though I was dumped 33.33% of the time. None of my exes have ever laid a hand on me (though I have to admit, those past relationships happened in high school and the first one didn't last long enough for ANYTHING to take place at all). My boyfriend, who is the love of my life, is the most understanding and forgiving person I know. He's also the sweetest thing who ambushes me by trailing kisses up my arm, who sprinkles water on me to cool me down when the weather gets intolerably warm, who gives me the best hugs I've ever had. I am so glad that he isn't like that guy who spies on his girlfriend's sister while she's changing and takes photos of the 裙底风光 of young girls in school uniforms (I know - how shocking). Hearing about that was like a jolt to my senses. It makes me look at my sweet, sweet man in such a different light. He who asks for extra seasoning in his chips, loves animals, prefers chicken to any other type of meat and gets heat rashes (a thing of which I've never heard previously until this week). I guess I got it all out of my system and this is all I need to say for now. That felt really good! :D