camping at Robe
Friday, April 10, 2009 x 5:24 AM
I just came back from Robe, hurrah! The camp was heaps more fun than I thought it would be! Five days of waking up at 5.30am and sleeping at 10pm, bird watching, millipede study, setting up transects and sample plots, bonding with the Little Dippers. It was an amazing experience, I loved (nearly) every moment of it. We had the loveliest lecturer with us - Joan Gibbs - who taught and helped us so much. The younger crowd in the group, Hong, Frenchy (Grant), Dave, Dyllie (Dylan), Perri and I, were laughing so much during the camp. We made so many jokes and awesome quotes. For example, "Why is it wet?" "Because he was playing with it." & "Can I see it?" "...Maybe." & "Is your wrist hurting?" & "He was still asleep when I left." & "But there was no penetration involved". A lot of them were sex and poo jokes.
the marquee that we rest in
hot cross bun. Tea time.
Little Dip group (from left to right: Dave, Dylan, Grant, Perri, Hong, me, Carrie. Bottom row: Jodie)
at Little Dip Conservation Park
all the millipedes we collected over 3 and half days
Euphorbia, a type of exotic weed. This is at one of the millipede study sites
photo of a flower that I took near the camp ground
where we took the group photo
at Beacon Hill Reserve Lookout
The boys doing one of their many stupid things. They held one one of the range pole to the ground and the other end to their privates and walked. The basic idea is if someone hits a rock or root in the ground, it will joust their privates. I think one of them did hit a rock actually, lol!!!
They are so cuddly all the time, it's ridiculous
Dylan pretending to sleep on Grant's shoulder.
The boys definitely provided some levity throughout the whole camp. Without them, the girls would have been too serious all the time. They called each other "darling" and sometimes when we were having serious conversations, they would say something unintentionally that sounded so incriminating. For instance, on the last morning, Grant hadn't showed up at the dining room yet. One of the girls asked Dylan if Grant was still sleeping. He replied, "He was still asleep when I left him." It cracked everyone up! :D
The first camp I've ever been to has left such a lasting and favourable impression in my mind. I was actually a slight bit reluctant to leave.