Monday, January 11, 2010 x 5:46 AM
First blog post of the year and I'm dropping a huge bomb. Well, here goes... Kent and I have broken up. It's a really long story and frankly, it's one that I've told too many times than I care to count. In a nutshell, we decided that we are in different stages in our lives right now and though we have so much in common, it's best to just be friends. So we broke up amiably. I'm still trying to find a new place to move to so it's kind of weird, it's like we aren't really broken up and what are the rules here? Is it ok to start seeing other people or not? I went out for lunch with this guy last Wednesday and I accidentally let that slip. Kent felt a bit uncomfortable about it and I understand completely. Right now though, moving away isn't something I really want to do. I'm living near the beach, I have access to a bigger TV than the one I own and a PS3, Kent cleans the cat's litter tray for me (LOL) and I like things the way they are. I've suggested more than once that maybe we could move into another place and just be housemates but I guess that's not really feasible because it would be super weird and we need time to get over each other. Dammit, why does life have to be so complicated? One chapter of my life has just ended and though I'm not ready for it to, it's the only thing to do. There's no turning back this time. To end this on a more cheerful note - what will life bring me now? Where will I go and who will I meet? I've been thinking that maybe after I graduate, I could apply for PR here and then go to work in the US. I know, it doesn't seem like it makes sense but it would be nice to know that I could always come back here if things don't work out over there. Speaking of the US, an American writer who writes the Star Trek fan fic series, John Erik Ege, contacted me yesterday. He said he was flattered that I liked his series and it was gratifying seeing his books named in my favourite books! And it's not an impostor pretending to be him either. It actually IS him. Which is awesome.
41 degrees again today. Enrollment opens today at 9am. I hope I get into the classes I want. When will I find my 96% or my 85%? I don't know but one thing is for sure, I'm not going to have 2 kids when I'm married because so far, the psychic hasn't predicted anything correctly. She sucks!