WORLD BEHIND MY WALL

People think I'm strong but really, underneath this shell lies two very different personalities. Ever wondered why you could never figure me out? That's because you're not seeing the two personalities as being separate from each other. One of them is tough, bitter, disillusioned, swears, and doesn't want anything to do with insufferable bloody idiots; The other one is innocent, forever hopeful, idealistic, loves fairytales and looks forward to finding the perfect man. Both of them know that the perfect man is: 1) NOT an idiot. 2) Enjoys and appreciates their sense of humour. 3) Can handle her mood swings. 4) Able to keep up with her or, better yet, be one step ahead of her sometimes.




TIME

Sunday, January 24, 2010 x 10:41 AM

Time to stop pretending
Pretending that I'm not waiting.
I'm straining to listen for that jingle
but it never comes.

Time to accept that it's a summer affair,
one that was not meant to last.
Just like the last one that lasted only as long as the heatwave,
this was destined to soar and then fall.
Just like Icarus and his man-made wings...

Time to fill my empty hours and minutes with more constructive activities
Time to grow into myself and love life for all that it can offer
Time to be a whole instead of half of a whole
Time to learn that two wrongs are two more than I should have ever made
It's time.