Thursday, February 18, 2010 x 6:08 PM
Officially moved in on the 14th of Feb. Valentine's Day. It seems to me that lately, Valentine's Day is when all the major things happen for me. In 2008, I left Malaysia for Australia on Valentine's Day. In 2009, I moved in with Kent shortly before Valentine's Day. In 2010, I moved out on my own on Valentine's Day.
Watched the movie Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day 2010 and I cried. It was one of those days and it was one of those movies. And then I cried again at dinner that night. Sam handled my freaking out quite well. LOL And shameful though it is to admit, it wasn't the first time I had broken down in front of him. It was the second - no, wait, it was actually the third time! The first time I met him, I cried too. Though that was over some other issue. I sense a trend forming here. NOT good.
For the first three days, I had nothing nutritious in the house to eat (except for the pasta) so I made tea in the mornings and ate a few biccies. Had lunch in the city and then had aging pasta for dinner. I'm pretty sure I even had some for breakfast once or twice.... I just had four-day-old spaghetti for dinner again. It looks like I'll be having that pasta for dinner for the next night and then three nights after that (going away to KI for the weekend. Was kind of forced into it. I'm so tired! Will be considered a douche if I back out now though so I gotta persevere. This sucks.)
Been having little secret happy moments on the bus to and back from the city, which is really nice and partly makes up for the stupid course I didn't have the good sense to withdraw from. Cryptic comments are my specialty and making people wonder what the hell I'm talking about gives me that perverse satisfaction. So many people don't get the things I say anyway, way too used to it than anyone should be.
Craving my weekly How I Met Your Mother fix. Why wasn't there a broadcast this week?? My cat doesn't want to spend time with me anymore. I go to uni early in the morning and don't get back till late arvo and during this time, he can chill all he likes but when I get back, he doesn't even give a shit. All he does is sit on the windowsill regally, looking for all the world like a cat king. Elvis Presley. Haha...
Yes, I'm really random. Sue me. Oh, one more random thing - I played the Click Five during dinner last Sunday. Sam, who laughs at the music I listen to, said that American Royalty was the most rock song I've ever played. American Royalty, which is the one song that I'm kind of embarrassed that I listen to because it's so girly, and he called it the most acceptable song he has heard from me. Come to think of it, the last time he got to my laptop, the songs he played were by Rihanna and Taylor Swift... LMAO And he shakes his head when I tell him I listen to jazz and scottish music? *roll eyes*