Saturday, March 6, 2010 x 9:56 AM
It would seem that my creativity stems from negative emotion. Here's another poem, inspired by my housewarming. It didn't go badly and it certainly didn't go the way I wrote it in the poem, I just don't write very cheerful poetry, is all...
Midnight.
I raise my head and belatedly,
I realise that the house is empty.
Everyone has left and I'm all alone.
Nothing to make it home,
nothing to pull me to it the way it used to.
All the memories of yesteryear
faded like ancient photographs from a previous life.
It feels so hollow,
that cavity within my chest where a heart used to beat.
Where did all the good times go?
Where are all the people who claimed to be my friends?
Each broken promise gouged a hole in my soul.
I sit on the floor, broken,
staring at an empty cup lying on its side
and I start to laugh.